MAKE, SHAKE & TAKE:
20th Annual Little Mountain & Riley Park Community Festival
Saturday, June 23, 2012 11am – 3pm
Riley Park (Ontario Street @ East 30th Avenue, across from Nat Bailey Stadium)
* Main stage live music & dance featuring Buckman Coe, Master Kwasi (Iruoje), Chris Ronald, Noah Franche-Nolan, Discreet Da Chosen 1 (a.k.a. Leeland Askew), Monika Schoenenberger, Zoomba, Vietnamese and Chinese Tai-Chi dancers led by Kim Dang & Lycia Rodrigues, and opening song and prayer by Alec Dan
* Do-it-yourself arts & crafts, including button making, knitting/crochet lessons, and jewelry making.
* Bike maintenance, gardening & backyard chicken coop workshops, plus a bee keeping demo hosted by
Village Vancouver and Seed to Sky Garden Club!
* A full-on community mural painting led by the Drift (http://www.thedrift.ca/).
* Children’s activities, complete with a bouncy castle!
* A mini carnival led by the youth team at Hillcrest Community Centre: carnival games, chalk-it-up, popcorn, cotton candy and a whole lot of confetti!
* Food carts, including Cartel Taco (http://bit.ly/KqbbLy) & one of the 12 new carts arriving on the scene: Soho Road Naan Kebab (http://bit.ly/w6le2P).